January 2010 meeting
Notes provided by Wendy Bejarano
Thaw ride discussion: We need more PR people with more than 20 entries expected.
GMHA needs to be asked for parking permission and directions due to the new parking lot at GMHA. Also there is concern that the Budweiser team will be arriving soon.
2) Banquet Discussion : Krista Alderdice will be doing awards and has been in touch with Jo Steel for results.
Only 16 people have signed up and we need more entries. Doug will post more info this week on the web site followed by an e-mail alert.
We had no Juniors in 2009. We hope to see some in 2010!
3) Clinic : Horse shoeing and alternative health care put together by Melody Blittersdorf and the Vermont Farriers Association has run into a date conflict with the NEATO 50 mile endurance and a driving event at GMHA on May 22 and 23. We will ask if there is a possibility to reschedule but there are very few date the speakers have available.
More information will be available at the February awards banquet
4)Budget discussion: Looks like we made over $2000.00 this year but that is before the 2009 donations that have a not yet been sent. Barbara has the go ahead to send checks to
GMHA, NEF, Stelephane (sp) park
5) 3 day 100/60/25 drive : Managers Ellen Tully and Gaynor Coassin asked to drop the 3rd day of the drive due to low attendance and no improvement in site for this year. Request was granted and the event will be a 2 day drive of 35 mile the first day with a 35 mile crt ride along and 25 miles more for the drivers on the next day. It was also noted that GMHA was trying to drop the drives from their CTRS . We need more driver to keep this fun sport going.
6)Kathy Hall showed us the VERDA Caps that will be available in 2 colors this year. She also presented insulated totes that every body like very much. They should be ready for the Awards Banquet
7) Betty Welles invited participants and volunteer to a pot luck March 21st meeting for the 75th running of the 3 day 100 CTR at GMHA
8) VERDA winter meeting will change the menu to a pot luck after great success at the December meeting. This will save VERDA $100.00 per meeting. The first meeting in October or November will still be Pizza. All others will be pot luck